Effective Date: April 19, 2023
This privacy statement describes how Geller Advisors LLC (“Geller Advisors” “we,” “us” and “our”) collects, uses, discloses and stores information you provide to us through the Geller Advisors website at gellerandcollc.com (the “Site”) or in other ways.
This privacy statement describes:
- Information that we collect from and about you
- How we use and process the information
- How we may share information with third parties
- The security of your information
- Your privacy rights
For those who are customers of or otherwise interact with affiliates of Geller Advisors, including G Client Services LLC, Geller Tax LLC and Geller & Company LLC, your personal information is subject to the Geller & Company LLC Privacy Statement.
1. User Consent and Incorporation
PLEASE REVIEW THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT CAREFULLY. When you submit information to or through the Site or otherwise, you consent to the collection and processing of your information as described in this privacy statement. By using the Site, you accept the terms of this privacy statement, our Terms and Conditions and consent to our collection, use, disclosure and retention of your information as described in this privacy statement. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY PART OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT OR OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE THE SITE.
2. Links to Other Sites
3. What Information Do We Collect
- Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers;
- Education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law (Race, color, national origin, religion, gender, disability (including pregnancy), age, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression);
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet web site, application, or advertisement; geolocation data;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information;
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Education information; and
- Inferences drawn from any personal information to create a profile reflecting the individual’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We collect these categories of personal information from a variety of places, including the following:
- From you directly, when you provide us with information through our Site or in person, in applications or questionnaire responses you submit in connection with one of our products or services, or when you otherwise communicate with one of our employees.
- From our website analytics providers when you visit our Site.
- From you directly when you are employed by us or as part of our employee recruitment process.
- From employees of Geller Advisors’ clients, when he or she names you as an emergency contact, beneficiary, additional insured or similar designation.
4. Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
What are pixels?
Why do we use them?
How do I control cookies and pixels?
Web browsers allow some control over these tools through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or pixels or alert a user when they are placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept these tools, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Site.
5. How We Use Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide the Site to you and improve the Site;
- to operate, improve, and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Site;
- for research and analysis purposes;
- where an application for employment is submitted, to make employment decisions;
- to communicate with users; and
- to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other applicable policies.
Geller Advisors will respond to an information request or question submitted to our webmaster when the nature of the request, or question relates to the types of professional services that we offer, or if the Site visitor requests further information regarding this privacy statement.
6. Sharing of Information
We may share and disclose information as described at the time information is collected or as follows.
With Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We share information, including personal information (if provided), with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, they may:
- provide analytics services to help us understand the activity on our Site;
- hosting the Site and other platforms used to provide products and services to you;
- assist us with marketing and communications with our clients or potential clients;
- assist us to analyze and understand the financial status and needs of our client base;
- assist us with the financial, regulatory and legal aspects of our business,
- assist us with quote and estimates specific to particular individuals interested in our services; and
- assist us with our data infrastructure and with data security and privacy.
For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
With Affiliated Geller Entities. Subject to applicable law, we may share information that we collect from you with our affiliated companies for purposes such as providing services to you and providing you with information about products and services that may be of interest.
Corporate Changes. We may transfer information, including your personal information, in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of us or any affiliated company (in each case whether in whole or in part).
7. Your Privacy Rights
Geller Advisors is a registered investment advisor with the US Securities & Exchange Commission and therefore much of collection and use of personal information described in this Privacy Statement is subject to the federal Gramm-Leach Bliley Act and Regulation S-P, and not subject to state privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act. If you have questions about your privacy rights, feel free to contact us as described below.
However, in some circumstances, if you are a resident of California, the European Union, the United Kingdom, and certain other jurisdictions, you may have specific, additional privacy rights, including:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that a business disclose what personal information it collects, uses, discloses or sells.
- Right to Correction: You have a right to request that we correct inaccurate information about you.
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that a business delete any personal information about the consumer which the business has collected from the consumer. If it is necessary for us to maintain the personal information for certain purposes, we are not required to comply with your deletion request. If we determine that we will not delete your personal information when you request us to do so, we will inform you and tell you why we are not deleting it.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale or Sharing for Cross-Context Targeted Advertising: While we do not sell personal information and do not share personal information for cross-context targeted advertising, pursuant to applicable law, you may opt-out in the future.
- No Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you because you have exercised any of the rights under applicable privacy laws. We may charge a different price or rate, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you, if that difference is reasonably related to the value of your personal information.
How to Submit a Request
To exercise the rights described above, you must submit a verifiable request to us by contacting us through one of the following methods:
- Visiting the following webpage: https://gellerco.com/personal-data-inquiry-form/
- Calling the following toll-free number: 833-978-2139
To submit a verifiable request, you will be asked to provide certain information to help us verify your identity. The information we ask you to provide to initiate a request may differ depending upon the type of request, the type, sensitivity and value of the personal information that is the subject of the request, and the risk of harm to you that may occur as a result of unauthorized access or deletion, among other factors. In certain circumstances, we may also require you to provide a written declaration that you are who you say you are.
You may make a verifiable request on behalf of your minor child. You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by contacting us at the following toll-free number: 833-978-2139.
8. Security of Your Information
We employ industry standard security measures designed to protect the security of all information submitted through the Site and otherwise collected and stored on our systems. However, the security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet or for changes to or losses of data. Users of the Site are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of our Site, including the Career Portal. In order to protect you and your data, we may suspend your use of the Site, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site are restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution.
9. Effective Date and Changes to this Privacy Statement
The Effective Date of this privacy statement is set forth at the top of this document. We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time in our discretion. Changes will be posted to the Site. We encourage you to return to this Site frequently so that you are aware of our current privacy practices. Your continued use of the Site after the Effective Date constitutes your acceptance of the amended privacy statement. The amended privacy statement supersedes all previous versions.
10. Special Provisions
Children: We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of thirteen. No parts of our Site are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of thirteen.
Non-U.S. Visitors: Personal information we collect may be processed in the United States by us or by a party acting on our behalf. It may be subject to US law, which might not provide the same protections as other jurisdictions. When you provide personal information, you consent to the transfer of your data to, and processing of your data in, the United States.
11. Special Notice to California Residents
California residents have the right to receive, once a year, information about third parties with whom we have shared information about you or your family for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. Generally, we do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes. However, to make such a request, please fill out this Personal Data Inquiry form. We will respond to you within-thirty days of receiving such a request.
Please send all questions, comments and notices regarding this privacy statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.