Stewardship at Geller
Our GellerCares initiative allows our professionals to volunteer their time—whether off-site, on-site at our New York-based office, or virtually—through dozens of community-focused programs held every year. Our areas of focus include education, community revitalization, food relief, and community engagement.
The mission of our education-focused programs is to support early access to education and literacy for underserved populations. As part of this effort, our firm hosts career days and college prep seminars for high-performing students in low income areas, as well as a variety of literacy programs for children.
We believe caring for the environment is an important aspect of supporting your community. As part of GellerCares, we participate in programs that focus on the beautification of gardens, schools, and community spaces.
Our GellerCares team arranges opportunities for our professionals to participate in meal preparation, matching programs, food collections, and on-site volunteering at New York City’s food banks.
In 2020, Social Justice was added as a pillar for the focus and work of GellerCares. Through this work, we contribute to and offer volunteer opportunities within the areas of racial equity and social justice in our communities.
GellerCares offers our professionals many opportunities to give back to their community. These are just a few of the ways in which our team members are making an impact:
- Backpack and school supply drives for New York City’s Title 1 schools
- Clothing drives to support those re-entering the workforce
- Holiday toy and necessary items drives for those living in shelters and transitional housing
- Drives and campaigns in response to current events and natural disasters, including heightened support for first responders
- Letter writing campaigns for veterans and first responders
- Volunteer support across a diverse section of non-profit events, including eldercare, the LGBTQ+ community, the arts, and animal rescue
The GellerCares Impact